Monday, July 20, 2009



My goodness have we had a busy few weeks. We had visitors, Greg's parents came out for 10 days. It was wonderful to have them here. We took them to so many places, some new and some must see places we've been to many times.  Today was our first day without them. Gabriella has already started asking when they will come back to visit.  I suppose the best way to stave off sadness is to remember all the happy times we had with them. So in the next few days I will attempt to remember all the places we went to and what we did. I have a lot of pictures to share and of course lots of funny anecdotes about our adventures. 
I suppose I will quickly review the first Friday and Saturday of the visit. I was still feeling a little icky, so Greg and his parents took Gabriella to her last day of swim lessons for session 2. She passed her pre-level one and has already started her pre-level 2 classes.  After swimming they picked me up from home and we headed out to Hula class. Teresa watched Gabriella's whole lesson through the two way glass.  Once hula was over we stopped in to check out China Pete's and then lunch at Charley's Tacos.  Charley's Tacos came on high recommendation from one of Sam's fellow pilots. The tacos were tasty.  Everyone accompanied me on a egg errand to the Mini Mini egg store.  Sam and Teresa were surprised to find out that we buy our eggs at a zoo. We even picked up some delicious dessert. We all headed home for a nice relaxing afternoon.  Greg grilled dinner and everyone enjoyed cream puffs for dessert. 
Saturday I got up early to sign up Gabriella for session 3 and 4 swim classes.  While I was waiting in line Greg and the rest headed out on a tour of the Okinawan Battle Sites.  They were gone for most of the day and saw a lot of amazing places and heard the story of the war from a survivor.  Greg said it was a really powerful tour full of information and it gave a sense of what the people of Okinawa had to go through to survive and the numbers and stories about those that didn't.  Dinner that night was a tasty roast and after dinner we met up with the Broom's for a evening stroll for ice cream.  Greg and Sam even made it to I bar for a few beers.  Stay tuned for the rest of the visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment