Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kicks and Cravings


Well I think I've definitely popped. When I look down my body my stomach is sticking out farthest and I've lost sight of my shoes. Lucky for me the weather is warming up so flip flops are really the order of the day. These last few days these babies have been kicking up a storm. They are especially active after meals when I have a quiet moment to sit down and relax. It's funny to think that I'm already half way through this pregnancy. My discomfort level hasn't really increased although the random bouts of heartburn are so terrible that even ice cream doesn't help. I'm still able to walk and go to Zumba. I'm hoping I can stay this comfortable until after our trip to Hong Kong. After that I can just lay in the recliner like a giant lump, well not really. This week I have been in recovery mode from last weeks craziness. I'm looking forward to sleeping in while Gabriella is on spring break, so far it hasn't happened, but I still have 3 days left so it's still within the realm of possibility. I have been having a lot of cravings, my tomato cravings have been replaced by kiwi and strawberry cravings. Lucky for me it's strawberry season at the commissary and although I've never really liked kiwi fruit in the past recently I can't get enough of them. Tonight I ate a container of strawberries and 2 kiwi fruit as dessert. I suppose it could be much worse and I could be craving Olive Garden or Sonic which would be a pretty long flight for Greg to get anything from either of those places for me. I'm still trying to eat healthfully and for the most part I'm doing a good job. But I'm hungry all the time, even in the middle of the night when I get up to go to the bathroom, it's all I can do to stop myself from going downstairs and making myself something to eat. Of course in the middle of the night I'm usually tired and focused on not tripping over the rug. If we were back in San Diego and I didn't have 45 degree angle stairs to walk down I would definitely be midnight snacking. Our next doctors appointment is April 26th and it will be another big ultrasound. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to find out if these are little boys, girls or one of each. Gabriella and Greg would like one of each. I think they are boys, Greg thinks they are girls. But we really just want two healthy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment