Monday, October 4, 2010

Collecting Kit Kats



Little children love to collect things, bugs, rocks and seashells. As adults our collections change to more permanent items, tchotchkes like spoons or pins or place mats. I however have been collecting kit kats. They are consumable but it took a lot of hard work to find them all so I'm hesitant to eat them. Why kit kats you ask? Because here instead of just being chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate there are flavors like mango, intense soybean, carrot and apple. How did these Kit Kat's get here and why are they so different. I think the answer is that the Kit Kat's here are made by Nestle whereas the ones in the states are made by Hershey. All the flavors I've tried have been pretty yummy. I haven't ventured to try my soy sauce flavor yet, but the wasabi one was good. The collection will continue to grow until I leave and then will either travel with me or be mailed home so I can share my treasures with my friends in the states. If I had to choose a favorite, it's the caramel and salt. But who knows what the next flavor will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Well I think you're collection is brilliant! I think if i tried collecting Kit Kat's it would be a short lived collection, because they are so delicious :P But if you need to help growing your collection, head over to AsianFoodGrocer.com, we have five flavors right now that are limited time only: Semisweet, Blueberry, Bitter Almond, Green Tea, and Framboise.

    Happy collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what we know now ... if we ever go back to Japan we'll begin "the hunt" early. The salt one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete