Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year: New torture

I think my title is a little ominous and very exaggerated. As I play catch up with my Christmas vacation I've decided to also include current entries because I don't want to have to relive this morning again. It's Monday and once again I managed to drag myself out of my nice warm bed and into the John's hall of tortures. As I walked up from the parking lot I saw that the class before us was doing the stairs. There is currently a standing rule at 1 Moore Rep that if you come early then you come up and get started. Today none of us, and there were 4, wanted to go up and get started. The 4 am class was sweating and cursing and exhausted and I had no desire to get a piece of that. Finally at 5 we made our way up the stairs, stairs that the 4 am class was still going up and down, and into the gym. Our first activity was "300" crunches. I use quotes because he says 300 but we just keep going until he comes back into the classroom. Today we actually did 1000 crunches. Then we did triceps curls, to help our arms look better when we wave. He said to grab 4 pound weights and I was so excited, 4 pounds is practically nothing. Yes, well it's nothing if you are just picking it up for a moment, but when you do 400 of these triceps curls suddenly 4 pounds feels like 40 pounds. After our triceps work out we headed to the stairs. Up and down we went, first without weights then with 8 pound weights. I think we went a couple of miles on the stairs. Finally back inside for water, another 100 triceps curls, which really felt like nothing probably because my arms were numb and then back to the stairs for a final 5 trips up and down. Today was really hard and challenging, but as the New Year starts I can see it's only going to get harder from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment