Monday, July 19, 2010

Little Chef


My parents are flitting their way around France as I type this. Gabriella was thrilled about their trip because that is the place where Ratatouille takes place. She instructed my parents to try to visit the restaurant featured in the Disney cartoon and say hello to Remy. My mom was actually very interested in visiting this pretend restaurant and saying hello to the character until I told her Remy was a rat. She did send Gabriella a wonderful Ratatouille Golden Book. Since our discussion of french restaurants, both real and make believe, Gabriella has been very interested in cooking. In fact she's become our little sous chef. She assisted Greg in making the delicious shish kabobs pictured above even going so far as to dice the vegetables with her very own safety knife. She loves helping me season dinner especially the stirring and tasting. She's become a great help at grocery shopping trying to select the best piece of produce. I hope to foster in her the same love of cooking that my family fostered in me. There is something I find wonderfully satisfying about putting a delicious meal on the table. Those meals are becoming a little less frequent since I'm exhausted by the time dinner rolls around, but I still make a few attempts a week. Perhaps my sous chef will have to step up and start to take over the majority of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment