Thursday, July 8, 2010

Water Park and Pasta


Saturday was the first day of Greg's 3 day weekend. We spent it by going to Comprehensive Water park. The water was cool and refreshing, just what we needed as the mercury begins to rise here on Okinawa. The park itself has a concrete slide area for children, a lazy river, 2 tube slides and a inner tube slide. Unlike last summer, this summer Gabriella is able to stand up in the lazy river and walk. She didn't do much walking, instead she worked on her freestyle stroke. Greg and I were both very impressed, I didn't know she could do that stroke and neither did he. When we asked her about her new skill, she replied that she'd been taught it at swim class, but was just now practicing. Her form is wonderful and the coordination of her feet and arms is spot on. Although tall enough to comfortably navigate the lazy river she is still a little too short for the water slides. Perhaps she'll be tall enough by the end of the summer for the tube slides, but she still has a bit of growing to do for the inner tubes. My plan is to go to the water park at least one more time before the babies arrive. It was so relaxing to float in the cool water and as a bonus it was easy to get in and out of both of the pools.
After our fun filled day in the sun we were all starving, and italian food sounded perfect. Marino's is a place I'd read about on Okinawa Hai, a website of all things Okinawan. I've actually attempted to go to this place 4 times in the past and for some reason or another have either not found it or once I got there something came up or they weren't open. But finally on Saturday I made it! The food was just as amazing as I'd imagined it. The picture above is the girl making my pasta in a huge rind of cheese. Everyone enjoyed the dinner, the pasta was great, the all you can drink beverage bar is completely unheard of here on Okinawa and the dessert bar is reason enough to return. I can't wait to go back again, there are almost 20 different kinds of pasta on the menu so I'll have to start soon if I want to try them all before we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment