Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another Milestone


Today was Gabriella's last day of preschool. Her school year is unbelievably short, finished before Memorial Day.  She had a great year and she certainly learned a lot. I had hoped to meet her new teacher, but wasn't able to. Next year Gabriella will go to school 5 days a week. She received a book from her teacher that she wants to learn to read by herself before school next year. One of our summer activities will be learning to read.  Now that we have all this free time we are considering what sort of activities we should be doing. Personally I think karate would be really great, but I'm not sure of the age groups they have here. I wouldn't want her blocking kicks from 7 year olds. Swimming classes will start in the middle of June and if all goes right she and I will be in the pool together for 2 sessions. I'm hoping it will help her gain important water safety skills and some basic strokes.  If she really likes it we may sign up for all 4 sessions. We are also hoping that ballet will start again soon. We missed the performance for this year and she was disappointed at not being able to wear her costume.  I know one thing for sure, it's going to be really hot here in Okinawa so we will be spending massive amounts of time trying to cool off.  I imagine we will be using the inflatable pool and the slip and slide a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment