Sunday, May 17, 2009

FIsh Foot



I'm going to have two posts regarding yesterday. This part is the more exciting of the two for me personally so I'm going to write it first. I finally got to put my dead skin filled feet into a pool with tiny fish to eat them clean. The Dr. Fish were available at Okinawa World.  We had just finished having a snack at the Nanuto Brewery restaurant and there it was. I considered it for a while and decided to take the plunge with Gabriella. I must say that the whole treatment was really inexpensive, only 500 yen (about $5) and I can only assume you could keep your feet in as long as you could stand it.  Once we paid we slipped off our shoes and socks and I plunged my feet into the delightfully warm water and was immediately swarmed by the tiny sucking fish. Gabriella was very hesitant to put any part of her body into the water but eventually she placed her hand in and by the end of it all her feet finally made it in the water for a few minutes.  The feeling is hard to describe, you can feel them nibbling and sucking your feet. There are hundreds of them doing it all at once. I managed to keep my feet in for about 5 minutes all the time coaxing Gabriella to try it and trying to keep myself from squealing.  Gabriella was more comfortable putting her hands in the water, so she could touch the fish. Once we'd had our fill we toweled off and felt our skin. My feet were a little softer, however I would probably have to go daily for months to get all the calluses off my heals.  I would definitely do it again, in fact there is a place across from the base that offers it. Maybe Gabriella and I will head over this week to see the Dr. Fish. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG, the most bizzare thing I've heard about in months. Thanks for sharing this adventure.

    ReplyDelete