Friday, May 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

We've returned to Okinawa fresh faced and relaxed from our month in California.  It was a harrowing journey that included 2 planes, a bus, 3 airports and a taxi. I'll share that story another time this morning I'm feeling more reflective.  
It was beautiful here yesterday afternoon. Gabriella was able to go to school and reconnect with all her friends and teachers. She only has 2 classes left and she's thrilled to be the last share bag girl of the school year.  I was able to finish all my shopping while she was at school. I visited my favorite fresh veggie market, mini mini egg shop and stock up on essentials from the commissary.  
I'm turning over a few new leaves here in Okinawa. First and foremost I'm going to get more out of living over here. More going to the beach, more sushi, more walking and playing with Gabriella and Greg.  I'm also going to do more caring, both for myself and my family. I'm starting this morning. I'm up early so I can make a hot breakfast for Greg, today it's blueberry muffins. He's lost a bit of weight in the month I've been gone and I'm determined to make sure he's eating at least 2 square meals a day.  Gabriella and I are going to start going to the beach to explore, she loves looking at shells and dipping her toes in the ocean.  The most important thing is caring for myself,  which will include more pedicures and perhaps a massage or 2.   After all we will only live here once I should take advantage of it. 

1 comment: