Thursday, February 26, 2009

Laissez Fair

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mardi Gras. We had a little get together here, we had a few beads and a few hurricanes but the main attraction was the food. Of course being that there were hurricanes I didn't remember to take any pictures. But I will paint you a picture with my words. Imagine a tired disheveled looking Therese dropping Gabi off at school and rushing to run errands in a mere 2.5 hours. It was close, I didn't even have time to drop off the groceries before I had to pick up Gabriella from school.  We get home, she eats her lunch and takes her nap.  Once she's resting I set the table, claret red tablecloth, matching napkins, boas decorating the center of the table and a few party mask scattered playfully.  Next the food, I decided to try a new recipe this year, shrimp ettoufee we had this dish in New Orleans and it was so delicious I wanted to try making it myself. I will say it was a huge success, probably because one of the main ingredients is butter.  We also had a few of our favorites, red beans and rice and gumbo. This year at Greg's request we had shrimp Po Boys.  They are spicy battered dipped shrimp incased in a french roll with onions, tomato, lettuce and a remoulade sauce.  I made it all my self and I was so pleased that everyone who came enjoyed the meal. Since we had a few leftover shrimp we had delicious shrimp tacos for dinner on Ash Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment