Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's day deliciousness

Well I mentioned in yesterday's post that we celebrated Valentine's day a little late. The dinner went so well that I thought it deserved it's own post. We had steak and lobster and as you can see from the picture and it was delicious. I'd also found Newcastle on the island so Greg was able to enjoy a tasty beer with his special meal. Greg barbecued the steaks, lobster tails and asparagus. I prepped the meal and made the mashed potatoes. Gabriella's favorite part of the meal were the mashed potatoes, she had 2 servings of them. My favorite part was the steak and lobster and I think Greg's was the same. We made a clarified butter sauce for the lobsters and he even basted them while they were on the grill.  It's rare that we eat this well, even at restaurants. The ingredients were a little expensive to buy but well worth the cost. Gabriella and I were even able to wear our Valentine's day pajamas at the table.  I told Greg that I really want to have it again for Mother's day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment