Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Under the Sea


I'm a few days behind on my post, however I fear it will stay this way until my parents leave. Monday was Gabriella's birthday so to celebrate we went to the Churoumi Aquarium and the Tropical Dream Center. We started out late because we had to return the bouncy and get my parents their base passes.  Once that was all squared away we headed north to our destination.  When we arrived we decided to see the Tropical Dream Center first. It is full of greenhouses which are teaming with orchids. Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head.  It was a lovely walk and we were able to inspect all the flower topiaries to our hearts content. Once we'd walked through the dream center we headed back towards the aquarium. We were all hungry so we decided to eat before going into the aquarium. We found a nice restaurant with a delicious buffet.  My favorite part of the buffet was the free drink bar. I had iced coffee, tea, and sodas of all flavors. My dad's favorite part of the meal was dessert, they had 4 different kinds of ice cream and he tried them all.  With our bellies were full we headed into the aquarium, since it was late in the day we were able to buy discounted tickets.  We went through all the tank rooms, saw the whale shark feeding and took in the dolphin show before we finally called it a day. We got home just in time to put Gabriella to bed and collapse into our own beds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment