Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another post from Maui


The last full day of vacation is upon us and I can't believe that it's over already. We've had a few days of fun in the sun both at the beach and the pool. We've explored Lahaina and purchased the requisite hawaiian print dresses. The pools here are amazing, there are so many we haven't even visited them all. The waves at the beach have been a bit treacherous, so much so that I will probably be washing sand out of Gabriella's hair until Christmas. She was a brave little soul though, getting right back up after she was knocked down by the wave only to have it happen again a few seconds later. After the second time we cut our losses and headed to the pool. We went down to the south villa pool which included a fantastic water slide. It was a pretty fast one and only one person could go on it at a time. I went first and waited at the bottom to catch Gabi. She loved it, but when we went up for the second time the water slide monitor told us Gabi had to be able to swim independently to the side of the pool. We went only one more time. Gabriella has already forgotten most of her swimming lessons and she seems to be less than interested in practicing. We're still having lots of fun in the pools though. Friday we spent all morning and most of the afternoon at the pool. Gabriella and I are nice and tan. Later that night we went to another Luau, this time at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. It was called the Drums of the Pacific. I'm trying to upload a video of Gabriella learning the hula, but I'm not sure it's going to load. If not I have another picture that will be just as telling. The whole show was fantastic although I think the food at the other Luau was better. My dad decided to skip this luau proclaiming that one luau is enough for him. We lined up early and I was able to read a few more pages of my book before we went in to the show. Gabriella really enjoyed the show especially the hula from tahiti. We talked about all the different dances and she recognized a lot of their moves as ones she does in her hula class. All and all it was a great night, which Jen and I capped off with a late night trip to the spa. Today we will be going to the aquarium and packing. It's been a great vacation and I suppose it's not quite over yet.

**Sorry the video didn't load, but the picture is of Gabriella with the fire dancer. I think she looks adorably shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment