Sunday, December 13, 2009

C is for Cookie


This weekend has been all about cookies. On Friday my chocolate mint cookies finally got made and Greg gave them rave reviews. They are delicious but the recipe only makes a dozen at a time which means a lot of work for me if I'm going to make them for the cookie exchanges. Today I made strawberry jam buttons and the dough for soft molasses cutouts is in the fridge cooling until it's easier to handle. We've been getting into the Christmas spirit by watching all our Christmas movies and enjoying the decorations all around the island.
Yesterday we went to the Camp Courtney Christmas Carnival. The only thing Christmas about it was that Santa was there. We didn't stop by to say hello because his line stretched all the way back to the North Pole. Gabriella played a few games, went on a ride and did a fair bit of bouncing. The evening out was really nice although it paled in comparison to the Balboa Holiday Nights in San Diego. I think this time of year is when we really see the differences between being home in the states and here during the holidays. We miss annual events like going to Balboa Park, seeing the parades on TV and going to see lots of Christmas lights. There are plenty of lights around here but no one has them coordinated to music or anything. This week coming up will be the last one before boot camp takes a 2 week break, I'm determined to keep up on my exercise if only to get out of the house by myself every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment