Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Vacation

This week has been busy. I can't even remember how many times I've opened this website only to be called away to do something else. This week was my first full week of boot camp since getting back from Hawaii and it was a hard one. We worked arms this week and I suppose it's been a while since we have because mine are still sore and it's Saturday. The hardest day was Thursday. We had a 45 pound bar that we had to lift from a squat to our chest. We had a friend spot us and we of course had to spot our friends. I did pretty well, probably because Gabriella weighs about 40 pounds and I pick her up all the time. We had to do sets of 20 before switching positions. Then after a few sets we ran down the stairs, down the block and then back up. Angie came with me as my friend and although we didn't get to work together it was still nice to drive with her to class.
I also went to a couple Zumba classes this week. It's been about 6 weeks since the class has been offered and it was great to do some cool moves and burn some calories at the same time. We are off next week from boot camp, but I will still have Zumba a couple of times and I'll be trying to go to the gym everyday. Greg's brother is coming to visit next week and he's bringing his running shoes so perhaps we will go running together a few times. I know I'll need to work off all the calories I'll be taking in. Tis the season for holiday treats.
This week was Gabriella's last week of school before the holiday break. Greg and I had a teacher conference on Friday and her teacher had only good things to day about Gabriella. Her extra classes also finished up for the year this week. Gymnastics and Hula will resume next year and Gabriella will add a ballet class on Saturdays. For the next few weeks Gabriella will be on break from school so we will be visiting lots of parks and setting up a few playdates to make sure she stays entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment