Sunday, December 20, 2009

Chilly Weekend


This weekend it seems Okinawa is showing us it's chilly weather. It's been in the 50's and 60's during the day, which for a California girl like me seems very very cold. I think I may have to pull out my scarf and wooly hat if this weather persists. This weekend we explored a few new parks around the island. The newest one is right next to our favorite egg store and it's a great park. It's full of great ropes to climb and some slides, it even includes a skate park. We had some tasty lunch at a new restaurant. They had home made bread that was delicious, especially the baguettes. I'll have to go back again soon to pick up some bread to go.
Sunday was my first cookie exchange and although it wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be I still came home with a big stack of cookies of all different types. After our quick exchange I came back home and made some yummy turkey chili for dinner before making 5 dozen cookies. I have a few more dozen to make but I'm out of Canola oil and running low on granulated sugar. Of all the stuff I thought I was going to run out of neither of those made the list. I did have a fun time using my new pastry bag to squirt the frosting into the center of the cookie sandwiches. Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish my cookies with a little time to spare before the party.

1 comment: