Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Da Plane Da Plane


We are back home in Okinawa now and of course the trip was long and exhausting. Gabriella did manage to make it to school and has been awake all day. I'm sure both she and I will go to bed early tonight. Our trip home was not without its excitement. I have come to the realization that I take my memory for granted sometime and that can leave to catastrophic mistakes. One such mistake happened Sunday morning. My parents asked me repeatedly what time my flight was on Sunday morning and I cheerfully replied that it was at 10:36 am, never bothering to actually look up the flight time on the itinerary. Well it turns out that my flight was really at 9:45 and it landed at 10:36 in Honolulu. So when we checked in at Hawaiian airlines the nice lady in the flowery shirt informed me I would not be making the original flight. My first concern was making the connecting flight. Lucky for us the next flight to Oahu was only a half hour later and although we were on standby we still got on the flight without a problem. Once in Honolulu we had to take the Wiki Wiki shuttle bus to the international terminal which they say to give yourself 25 minutes to do. We arrived at the international terminal just in time to hear our name announced over the loudspeaker calling us to the gate. We managed to get on the flight by the skin of our teeth. The rest of the trip home was completely banal. The food was kind of icky, we slept a few hours on the long flight, and the landing into Naha was as bumpy as ever.
Gabriella and I are both happy and rested from our vacation. We enjoyed seeing our family and playing on the beach. I'm tan which is something to be proud of considering it's December. It was a great trip and I hope we do it every year.
The picture is from Gabriella and my last dinner in Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment