Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Visit from a Very Special Fairy


Well I suppose it was bound to happen, I mean the dentist told us her bottom teeth were loose and that she'd probably loose them once she turned 5. However, never did I expect Gabriella to run downstairs crying with a bloody mouth and a tooth hanging by it's root. But that is exactly what happened. She and our neighbor were playing upstairs in her room when I guess Gabriella had one of her plastic princesses in her mouth and Destini pulled it out of her mouth almost taking her little tooth with it. Her mouth was bleeding slightly and when I wiggled the tooth it was clear that it was coming out of her today. With many tears and sweating, all on Gabriella's part, I managed to wiggle that tooth right out of her mouth. While she was pretty traumatized by the whole experience the promise of an ice pop and a visit from the tooth fairy was enough to help her put on a brave face. Through watery smiles and heaving sobs she repeatedly said how excited she was to get a visit from the tooth fairy. Before we moved here I made sure to bring my tooth fairy pillow (just in case) and I'm thrilled that my little girl will use the same pillow I used when I lost my very first tooth. I must admit this is the first milestone that she's reached that really made me think about how fast she's growing up. This was certainly very very unexpected for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment