Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a week

The second half of this week seems to have been exhausting, yet I don't remember doing anything too strenuous. Thursday morning I had an appointment with the OBGYN, everything with the babies is going well. It was a really quick appointment and because Gabriella was home sick from school she went with me. She looked so cute with her mask on, I insisted she wear one so we wouldn't get every pregnant woman in the waiting room sick. Everyone gave her some strange looks, but she didn't seem to notice. My appointment was suppose to be at 10:40, but of course we didn't actually see the doctor until almost 11, which is typical. We were out the door by 11:30 so that gives you an idea of how quick the actual appointment was. I did get a quick glimpse of the babies on the ultrasound but Gabriella was far more interested in them so I allowed her to stand in front of me so she could see them clearly. They are confirmed di/di twins, which means they have their own amniotic sacs. This is good because it means that there is no chance of their cords getting wrapped around each other and they have no chance of getting twin to twin transfusion syndrome. They were moving around excitedly and their hearts were beating strong. I have another appointment in 2 weeks, which if this keeps up I'll visit the doctor another 12 times before I give birth, not including any lab visits.

On friday I took Greg and a few of his colleagues to the airport. It was a harrowing journey because not only was I driving the Delica, a beast of a van with a pension for stalling, but I was under a time crunch to get to the airport and back before Gabi's 11:30 school pick up time. We left the house at 9:45 and picked up the visiting cardiologist and his resident. Next I had to take them to the Westpac hotel so they could drop off their keys. As we pull into the Foster gate all the cars were stopped waiting for a helicopter to take off from the landing pad at the Macaroni Grill. Apparently someone had a hankering for some italian and needed it stat. We waited there a good 10 minutes or more before that helicopter finally took off. The next task was getting gas, a seriously annoying issue which took another 10 minutes or so. Finally on the road to the airport we arrived with no further delays at 11 am. That meant I had 30 minutes to get back to the base. I made it in 45, which meant I was 5 minutes past the grace period and I owe Gabriella's school $5 on Tuesday. I felt so terrible when I picked her up, she was the last child left at school and she seemed relieved to see me, I think she thought I'd forgotten about her.

Friday night was pretty low key we spent the evening relaxing which was a nice break from our normally busy evenings. Saturday included ballet class and a playdate with a friend from class. Gabriella and her friend played wonderfully the whole time and her room didn't even look like disaster when the date was over. After the playdate we went grocery shopping and to the commissary. Now that our house is fully stocked I'm confident that we can make it through the rest of the week without making another trip for provisions. We had dinner with our good friends, it was a delicious roast, and we got home in time for bath time and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment