Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back on Schedule

Yesterday Gabriella was up at 6:45am. She was ready to get her day started even though she had been in bed for a mere 8 hours. I on the other hand was completely not ready to get up, but I was overruled. Breakfast was a pretty relaxed affair, cereal for her an egg for me. We walked to school like we normally do and she was thrilled to see all of her friends. When I picked her up a few hours later she was sweaty and happy to tell me all about her day. I asked her if she was up for going to hula or if she wanted to take a nap. "Hula!" was her response. So after a quick lunch of peanut butter and jelly we went to hula. Once again Gabriella's boundless energy prevailed and she made it through the class with no signs of exhaustion. On the other hand I was trying not to fall asleep while reading my book. After hula we had one more stop to make the dreaded Toys R Us for a birthday present. I felt like a Navy seal, I just wanted to get in and get out without anyone noticing. Before we even walked into the building I informed Gabriella that we were just buying a present, not looking for anything for her and to keep the asking to a minimum. She readily agreed and off we went. The trip to the store was blessedly short and an awesome birthday gift was found with in the first few feet of entering the store. Gabriella tried out a few of the little computers and some of the musical instruments but not once did she ask me to buy her anything. At least I don't think she did, by that point my ears were already asleep. The drive home felt long, I was using all my concentration to keep myself on the right side of the road. The relief I felt as we pulled into our parking spot and opened our front door was intense. I collapsed on the chair in the living room and just relaxed. I didn't sleep though because I had email to check. One such email was Greg informing me that there was a movie and pizza night at the chapel. I certainly wasn't interested but it did sound like something Gabriella would like. So later that evening Greg and Gabi walked over to the chapel for pizza, ice cream and the incredibles. I went to bed a little after 7 being too tired to even cook myself anything to eat for dinner. I woke up just after 6 in the morning and feel much better. Ready to face the day, starting with a cardio funk class.

No comments:

Post a Comment