Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tis the season?

Well it's official I'm already in Christmas mode. Yesterday I pulled out some Christmas DVD's for Gabriella to watch and we've already started compiling some presents for the folks back in the states. I feel I'm already behind slightly since I think I had more presents purchased at this time last year. I'm most proud of actually ordering my Christmas cards from Shutterfly this weekend. I'm now confident that they will get here in plenty of time for me to address them and mail them to everyone in time for Christmas. It seems Christmas comes so much earlier here because all our gifts need to be mailed out by December 1st in order to guarantee their arrival before Christmas Eve. Although I'm not the only one who's getting into the spirit early, Santa was at one of the exchanges last weekend posing for pictures. Plus Starbucks already has their holiday coffees out, although sadly no eggnog latte again this year. Perhaps they will have it in Hawaii, I'll keep my fingers crossed. In my mind Okinawa has been decorated for Christmas since Halloween, but it may just seem like that because they love Christmas lights year around.
Advent officially starts in 2 weeks so really the Christmas Season is right around the corner, in fact just thinking of that makes me a little nervous. I still have so many gifts to buy and ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment