Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day BBQ

Yesterday was Veteran's day and as a rare treat Greg had the day off. We celebrated by throwing a bbq. Of course it wouldn't be a bbq without a last minute grocery store trip. Actually there were 3 stops on our last minute shopping trip. The first was Jusco, Greg wanted to check out the Japanese beer selection and I wanted to get some non oil marinade. We found out the Greg is very handy at Jusco because of his ability to read some Japanese. I can't wait to take him back and made more use of this skill. Our next stop was the shopette where Greg stocked up on 2 six packs of beer for the party. Unfortunately there was no Newcastle, but he did get some Stella which is better than a sharp stick in the eye. Our last stop was the commissary which was thankfully open on the holiday. Once we were all stocked up we headed home for a quick chat with the Montoya's on the computer and then I got down to the serious business of cooking. We served turkey burgers, hamburgers and brats. I made some fresh salsa and guacamole and a veggie tray for appetizers. The party was a great success and I think everyone had a nice time. I also managed to unload a substantial amount of candy from my pantry.

This morning in boot camp we used some very cool equipment, boxing gloves. It was a hard Ab workout but at least I had fun wearing the gloves and punching the air. I think I'd like to try a combat fitness class sometime. It seems like it would be a good work out and the opportunity to punch anything sounds intriguing. Later today is Cardio Funk, it's bandana Thursday so I'll be heading to the 100 yen store to pick one up to match my outfit.

So, I weighed myself today and I lost 1.5 pounds since the last time I weighed myself which was before vacation. I'm kind of astonished. I didn't stick with my exercise plan while I was in California and I certainly faltered slightly on the healthy eating plan. I'm happy I'm still loosing although it makes me think how much could I have lost if I'd stuck to the plan. Oh well, I don't have a time machine so I suppose I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment