Friday, November 13, 2009

Before and After



Today was a run day and my God was it hard. We did this very short loop that included climbing up 4 flights of stairs and sprinting up the hill. I call it the hill because it's the same hill I sprinted up a while ago. This time the hill was not the problem, the stairs were the killer. I managed to do 7 laps in an hour. I have no idea how far it was but judging by the amount of sweat pouring off me I know I was working hard. In fact my heart was still racing even after I drove home, showered and laid back down in bed. This was the first time all week that I went back to bed after boot camp. I feel like I could go back to sleep right now and I might after Gabi goes to school.

This was a great workout and a good way to end my first 12 weeks of boot camp. I've come a long way in 12 weeks, I'm 30 pounds lighter, I can run without being chased, I choose to exercise and feel great after I do. I've also changed mentally, taking time to appreciate little accomplishments as much as big ones and I'm happier with myself and my life. This has been a great class and I can't wait to see what the next 12 weeks brings.

2 comments:

  1. You look wonderful, Therese! Great job running this morning!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic Therese. You must be so proud of your strength, determination, hard work and the results.

    ReplyDelete