Tuesday, November 3, 2009

California Dreaming

My poor blog has been forgotten on this trip but since I only have one more day in California I thought I would take some time and do a post. Today I drove 120 miles on 6 different freeways to visit 3 sets of friends. I honestly forgot what it was like to drive here. Not that I haven't been driving the whole trip, it was just today that I realized the differences between driving here and in Okinawa. I saw more cars today then I have probably seen total on the island, heard more horns, saw more middle fingers thankfully none were pointing at me. I'm starting to miss my quiet island life, my kitchen, my simple days and my island friends. I've loved seeing all my family and some of my friends while I've been here. I've been remiss in not being able to see all of them on this trip and for that I'm truly sorry. I think today I even missed boot camp a little, just a little bit and the feeling quickly passed but it was there and deserves to be acknowledged. This has been an amazing trip, I've been blessed to see my family, share in many celebrations and remind myself how lucky I really am. But now I'm ready to go home. I think back to a year ago when I considered California home, now Okinawa is home to me. What a difference a year makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment