Friday, November 20, 2009

No Rain on my run day

It didn't rain this morning but there was a rather wonderful breeze at 5 am. I finally cracked the 3 lap wall I've had since we first started running the blue line. I made it 4 laps!! Which is probably a little over 4 miles. I am really proud of myself. I had a good mix of music on my ipod which helped to keep me going up and down the slight hills along the line. In fact I found myself speeding up or slowing down depending on the beat of the song. And of course like always I was mouthing the words while I run. I have no idea why I do it but I do. I sometimes wonder what people think as they drive by me while I'm running. I'm sure it's something along the lines of "that crazy girl is talking to herself or I wonder if she's calling for help because she looks like she's about to die." Neither is true by the way.
Today was a really busy day and as I write this it's still not over. Although someone up there likes me because both Gabi and Luke are taking a nap right now. I'm babysitting Luke today for our new sponsor family, he's almost a year and a half. He went with us to Gabriella's school international feast and to Hula. Gabriella has been amazing with him, holding his hand and helping him with everything from bouncing in the bounce house to showing him how to use her toys. They are quite a pair and clearly they both exhausted each other. I have my fingers crossed for some long naps and a pleasant rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment