Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rain Rain come and stay...

... especially on a running day. This morning was a run day and it was sprinkling and a freezing 62 degrees here. Honestly I walked out of my house this morning and debated going back inside for a jacket. I didn't because I knew I'd be hot and sweating in no time. Yesterday we had a class lecture and someone was 15 minutes late, so in order to teach the class a lesson about timeliness our class now starts at 4:45 am. So this morning I dutifully arrived at 4:45 at the Kadena Blue line ready to run. There was no one from the 4 am class, no water bottles or keys on the ground and no John. My fellow students and I decided that class must be in the gym so we drove over there and got started. I chose the elliptical machine because it's in the back of the room and I can people watch without being watched. I started the machine and off I went for 60 full minutes, never stopping only slowing occasionally to take sips of water. In 60 minutes I was able to go 5.24 miles, the longest distance I've ever gone running or on an exercise machine, with the possible exception of the stationary bike. I'm drenched in sweat even now and I'm sure that my legs will feel like jelly for the rest of the day. But it won't matter because I'll have a ridiculously happy grin on my face as I hobble around all day because of this early morning accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment