Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mexican Food in Japan


Greg, Gabi and I went out to dinner after picking up the Dingo. It needed 2 coils replaced, whatever that means. It's running like a dream... an old dream that tends to turn into a nightmare towards the end of it. I digress. On the way home we decided to check out the "best mexican food on the island". It's called Obligatto's.  It looked just like a mexican restaurant in the states, mariachi music playing, plastic table cloths, even the obligatory neon Corona sign in the window. All in all everything was good, we got some tacos, enchiladas, carnitas and of course chips and salsa. It was a little taste of El Torrito in Japan. Greg and I agreed it's the fullest we've been after going out to dinner in Japan. 

2 comments:

  1. Therese- You have a gift for the short and sweet punch lines. Keep the blogging please! Love it. -Laura P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Therese,

    We live in Okinawa, too, and have been looking for Mexican food. Having lived in New Mexico for 11 years (directly on the border with Mexico) I'm rather picky about my Mexican food!

    Have you heard of a place up the 58 run by a retired American military guy? Supposedly he runs a Mexican food restaurant right out of his living room, and it's very authentic.

    I've only heard a rumor of this though, and am looking for anyone who knows if it truly exists. When I read your blog, I thought perhaps you may have heard of it?

    Thanks,
    Dasha

    ReplyDelete