Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday Mournings

So today is Tuesday which means it's preschool day for Gabriella. Today is also Therese's first day of workout while Gabriella is at preschool.  It's an idea I've had since moving here, the gym is conveniently right next to her preschool, so I pass it every time I take her to school. I drop her off at 9 am and usually walk right past it, but not today.  Today I went inside and found a few people working out, I imagine they were mostly spouses since it was 9:05 am and most active duty people are working. I hopped on an elliptical machine and started my ipod and off I went. I ellipticized for 30 minutes, long enough to go 2.5 miles.  For most of the 2.5 miles I was counting the seconds until I was done. I hate working out. I don't find it fun or exhilarating, it doesn't give me more energy or help me sleep better. Well it might help me sleep better just for the pure fact that I'm exhausted after doing it. But I do it. Why?  I'm not really sure. I don't really care that I'm fat, I eat what I like, I live my life under my own control.  But a few things embarrass me, barely being able to put on a airplane seatbelt or having problems fitting in between tables at restaurants.  I think the most important reason is Gabriella. I AM NOT about to get sappy about living a full life and seeing her get married, blah blah blah.  What I am talking about is playgrounds. If I lost some weight I'd be able to go on rollerslides with her, or jump in bounce houses.  So, I'm going to the gym while she's at school.  While she is building skills I'm attempting to loose some pounds. How am I doing so far?  I don't know, I don't own a scale. I hope I can keep it up, it doesn't seem too hard, but a lot of things that seem easy are usually hard at some point. Some people at home will read this and imagine that I'm going to come back as a skinny girl, don't fool yourself. There are too many good things to eat over here and I want to try them all. But perhaps by the time I get back you won't be worried about structural integrity when I follow Gabriella onto your trampoline or into a bouncy house at a birthday party.    

No comments:

Post a Comment