Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Working my way down

In the spirit of the new year I've started working out. I know it's ridiculously cliche.  This is the first time I've ever really given it a real try.  It's hard and annoying and I hate it, and yet I still do it. I'm surprised with myself.  I managed to go 2 miles on the elliptical machine. I know for those who go all the time it's nothing, but for me it's a huge accomplishment. I hope I will continue to be motivated. I don't go everyday, but I do manage to make it at least 3 to 4 times a week. I've tried using the weight machines, they make me sore, but in a good way.  Anyway it's something I'm proud of doing and I wanted to tell the world. 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! 2 miles is great! 2 miles more than last year! i only walk 1.5 miles on the treadmill. so i know 2 miles is awesome! good for you! the soreness will go away and it's awesome to see the results. i didnt think curves was working for me but when i started to see muscles that i've never seen before , it's cool! i'm proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therese- You are awesome! And for the record I HATE, DESPISE and all those great words I could think of about the eliptical machines. Actually I feel that way about nearly every piece of gym equipment that is in my gym. I never go upstairs anymore which is where the treadmills and other crap is. It's too bad that they don't have fun fitness classes there. But keep up the great goals and I'm sure you'll do yourself and your daughter proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rule. I'm sorry that I just NOW got onto your blog - 3 months later. I'm a lagger, but you already know that.

    As for exercise...lets just say that I have auntie Yolie's GAZELLE in my livingroom (yay Tony Little!!) and it KILLS me everytime! Boo for exercise. I wish I wanted to do it more. Gah.

    ReplyDelete