Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Purple Potato Eater


As many of you know I love to cook. Slipping vegetables into children's unsuspecting mouths is also a passion of mine. Tonight was a rare achievement, not only was I able to get some delicious veggies into Gabriella, but I did it with amazing success.  Okinawa is famous for their purple sweet potatoes. They are delicious and nutritious. Tonight I made mashed potatoes with them, it was a huge success.  The vibrant purple color was surprising and Gabriella really loved them. When I announced purple potatoes for dinner she came zooming down the stairs and immediately began to dig in.  I've taken a picture of her with her plate. I suppose I could have taken an after shot, but basically it was empty.  Now the real test will be when Greg gets home. I wonder how he will like purple mashed potatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment