Saturday, January 17, 2009

Variations on a day

I have so many things to blog about today. I suppose I will start with Greg's eternal quest to find good beer here. I picked up a few cans yesterday at the San-A store, he tried 2 last night and both were not up to par. I feel so bad for him, he is in desperate need of a delicious beer. So far we've only found one place that has it and they don't bottle it.  
Today was my big day to pick up the gift I got for Greg's promotion.  I picked it up gave it a cursory look and brought it home with some balloons for a birthday party. I'll admit I was a little frazzled, lots going on in a short period of time. To make a long story short (too late) they spelt his last name MONTAYA. I didn't even notice it, Greg opened it up and said "they spelt it wrong". Honestly, I thought he was kidding. Unfortunately he was not. So I suppose another 4 trips back and forth to this place will be on my weekly agenda.  Oh well, at least he liked it, despite the name being misspelled.  
Last but not least we had a birthday party to attend this evening. It was at Mona Kids, which I've already blogged about, a great 2 hours was had by all. A few rough moments for Gabriella, but she sallied forth. I realized that it's hard for her here, she rarely has to share the attention of her friends whereas at home we had bigger play groups.  I suppose I will have another thing on my agenda, to find another play group here, so she gets use to not always being the boss. One more thing. 
Tonight is the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica. There are only a few episodes left, Greg is so excited. We were driving home from the party and right as we were turning into our gate he gets a call from the hospital. He had to go in, he just left a few minutes ago and I'm sad to report that he will probably miss the show tonight. I feel so bad for him, he rarely has television shows that he's interested in and then fate won't even let him watch those. It looks like there is a encore of the episode tomorrow at 6am. I hope he will get to see it then. It's just his luck. 
Well that's our day in a nutshell. Do you hear it screaming "Help! I'm stuck in a nutshell"?

1 comment:

  1. what did you get him that was spelled wrong? did i miss it?

    ReplyDelete