Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Sad Day

I have a playlist on my ipod called Sad Days. It has a collection of my favorite mellow songs. I don't necessarily play it when I'm sad, although I have. I find the music peaceful and uplifting.  I should say that I'm feeling very sad today. My uncle Luis died. He was my grandmother's last living relative. She is now the last of her siblings. I feel a little at a loss of what to write. My uncle was an amazing man, he was a diver, a chiropractor, he raised dogs, but most importantly he was a man that never forgot how to smile.  He came to see my grandmother once a week for a long time, they would sit talking quietly about their lives and loved ones. He cared for her so deeply.  He was a wonderful man who will be terribly missed. I love him very much and hope that he is somewhere with his family and loved ones who have gone before him.  Uncle Luis rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry to hear about your uncle. i'm sure he will be missed. willie's best friend's grandmother's boyfriend died yesterday too. he was a sweet old man. he was 92 and lived a very happy and fulfilling life. they were together for 17 years as long as willie and i have known each other. i'm sure they are happy and resting peacefully. nerine

    ReplyDelete