Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Changes


This blog started last year as a way to document our adventures around Okinawa, a way to show friends back home what we are doing. Then about 21 weeks ago it became a work out centric blog telling the world at large about my struggles and triumphs at boot camp. Now I'm sure it's going to become a pregnancy blog. But for right now it's going to be a little of all three. I'm still exploring the island with my family when Greg has a day off. I'm still going to boot camp Monday-Friday, for now. And I'm still pregnant and will be for the next 7 months. Greg has the weekend off so I'm sure I'll have something fun to post about an Okinawa adventure later.
This week I've managed to make it to most of the days of boot camp. I missed Monday because Greg was on call but I've managed to go Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow is a run day and I will be going to that one too. Tuesday we did squats with weights which worked our legs and arms. I was so sore on Tuesday night and throughout Wednesday that when I actually got up this morning I contemplated not going to class. But I promised I would drive so I had to make it. Today we did some crunches, mine were modified, and walked the stairs. The combination of getting up off the floor and the cardio work of the stairs was a little much at times. I think when I stand up the blood in my body doesn't know whether to go to my head or my tummy. Towards the end I got a little light headed and was able to get some water and take a brief rest. Luckily that was at the end of the class so I was able to make it through the whole thing. I'm not sure how many more of these classes I'll be able to make it through. The good thing is I have a 3 day weekend so I can try to regain some of my strength and endurance this weekend.
Gabriella has a party for Valentine's day tomorrow and she's also the share bag girl so we've been working hard on making her class Valentine's treats. She even insisted on making some for the babies. We all felt very blessed to receive all the congratulations about our little twins both from facebook and via skype from the Superbowl Party. The twins are doing fine, I've been trying to make an appointment with the nutrition department so I can get an idea of what kinds of food I should be eating and how much.

1 comment:

  1. I have totally enjoyed reading your blog and following you on your boot camp journey! It is terrific that you are still doing boot camp pregnant. I ran until I was 6 months along (until I got put on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy). It made all the difference for getting me through the end of the pregnancy and I bounced back pretty well post-partum.

    BTW, I have a little something for you on my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete