Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Twin Power Activate

Today started my last week of boot camp. I dreaded telling John that I was cutting out a few weeks early but the truth is that I'm exhausted. I need to get more sleep and one way to do that is to stop getting up at 4:15am 5 days a week. I'm still planning to exercise 5 days a week, the only difference is I'll be motivating myself and doing it later in the day. I still plan to go to Zumba twice a week and then spend the rest of the week days going to the gym while Gabriella is at school. I'm hoping the extra rest will help me overcome the exhaustion that has plagued me since this pregnancy began. As I write this it's almost 7 at night and I'm still in my pajamas. I was too tired to leave the house today even too tired to get dressed. Gabriella was a real trooper today she didn't even complain about being cooped up the house all day, it probably helped that it was raining on and off all day. This morning at boot camp we did circuits again and those always wear me out. In between these circuits we took to the stairs, I will absolutely not miss climbing those stairs. I only have 2 days of running and one day of class left and I can say goodbye to boot camp. John has told me to activate my twin powers to help propel me through my workouts. I hope the twin power will continue to help me to keep motivated to keep moving. The key to keeping me healthy during this pregnancy is to keep exercising.

I did manage to pull myself up by my bootstraps and make a delicious Mardi Gras inspired dinner. We made a similar meal last year however this year we didn't have guests. The shrimp po boys were as delicious as ever and the red beans and rice were Gabriella's favorite. As I quickly finish this blog I'm listening to the soothing sounds of Pat "Mother" Blues playing on the ipod. Tomorrow is a run day and I'm hoping the twin powers will be in full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment