Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pretty Pretty Princess

Okinawa is not only home to great snorkeling and water activities but also to musical theatre. On Thursday, Gabriella and I decided to take in a play. It was the children's musical version of Disney's Cinderella. We met our friends for an early dinner at Macaroni Grill before we headed over to our night of culture. Dinner was delicious, I splurged and had a Shirley Temple to drink. Although by the time I got to the actual performance I kind of wished I had been able to have something stronger. It was a cute show, all the performers were children and they did a very good job. The girl who played Cinderella had a lovely singing voice and the mice were quite cute even though they had me wondering if they had all sucked on some helium to get their voices so high or if it was natural. All and all the performance was cute and blessedly short, only one hour with a 10 minute intermission in the middle. On the way home I asked Gabriella what her favorite part of the evening was and her answer was having dinner with her friends. I must say that was my favorite part too.

No comments:

Post a Comment