Thursday, February 18, 2010

Short Circuitry

Today was my last day of class at boot camp, I will run tomorrow but that could be cancelled due to rain. As a special treat on my last day we did a brutal circuit with stairs thrown in for fun. It truly was horrendous, I can't remember the last time I've sweated so much or felt so exhausted after a workout. But I finished it and I'm proud of that accomplishment. This amazing boot camp experience has come to a close, now that I'm pregnant with twins I need more rest and I can't seem to get that getting up everyday at 4 am. I will of course continue to work out the only difference is that I will do it later in the day while Gabriella is at school.
This 22 weeks of boot camp has been a life changing experience. I've lost 34 pounds and 14% body fat but those are just numbers. The real change has been far greater. Firstly I feel much better about myself and I've trained myself to eat better and to appreciate the feeling I get when I exercise. Secondly, when I started this boot camp I was depressed and not sleeping without the aid of sleeping pills. Now I take nothing and haven't for quite a while. Thirdly, I'm pregnant. We've been trying to have a baby for 2 years and until I lost some weight and started eating better we'd been failing at it. I'm able to keep up with Gabriella a lot better these days, I'm able to run with her although she still goes faster. Greg and I go out to explore the island and I'm able to go up stairs without feeling like I'm having a heart attack. Greg and Gabriella have been so supportive through this whole process. Eating the different foods that are on my diet or coming with me to classes or just praising my accomplishments and giving me encouragement. As I step away from boot camp I'm confident that I've learned enough skills to keep me healthy for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment