Monday, February 15, 2010

A Gold Medal Valentine's Day

The weekend has been rather wet here in Okinawa so our big plans to leave the house have been thwarted by the weather. It has worked out though because the Olympics are on. Greg has been getting up at 3 am to watch the games live on TV. Saturday morning we all watched the opening ceremonies together, Greg of course was able to tell me a little about each of the 82 countries that marched into the Marshmallow arena. After the pageantry was over we settled into a quiet afternoon of reading and relaxing. Saturday night we headed across the street for Indian food and frozen yogurt. I'm glad we walked because I felt like I ate more than usual and I needed a bit of walking to help me digest. Gabriella really surprised us by devouring the chicken curry and cheesy nan. It's always nice to find something she likes to eat when we go out for dinner. Usually we get her a kids meal and she eats two bites then says she's full. For dessert we went to Yogurtland, a serve yourself place. Greg and Gabriella shared a bowl and had it filled to the brim with 3 flavors of yogurt and a whole lot of toppings. I got my own bowl since I like flavors no one wants to share, like pistachio and tiramisu.
On Sunday Greg was up early to watch the first few events of the winter olympics. Gabriella and I got up around 7:15 and got dressed for church. Greg was able to tear himself away from the women's mogul just in time to make it to church. There was no CCD this week so Gabriella and I were able to come home and make Valentine's day pancakes for Greg. After a day of Olympic watching we made our special Valentine's day dinner, porterhouse steaks and King Crab legs. Needless to say dinner was delicious, Gabriella especially enjoyed the crab legs eating at least 2 legs all on her own. She also ate a fair amount of steak. I made some delicious roasted parmesan cauliflower but I was the only one who ate it. Greg did have one piece and pronounced it not as yucky as he thought it would be, which is probably the best compliment I could expect from him. Gabriella had a few friends over last night so our friends could go to out for a Valentine's dinner. The kids were really well behaved and they all enjoyed a delicious brownie sundae for dessert. It was a great weekend, that isn't over yet. Both Greg and Gabriella have the day off on Monday so after the Olympics and depending on the weather we may actually leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment