Friday, February 12, 2010

The first of many

Today was the last day of school before Valentine's day. Gabriella headed to school with all her Valentine's for her classmates and her share bag. While she was celebrating with her class I was at the lab sucking down a disgusting orange drink and sitting in a waiting room for an hour for my first blood glucose test. I'm sure it will be my first of many. I've already been to the lab to get a host of blood drawn before my initial OB appointment. This trip was for a few more vials of my precious blood, only this time I fasted all night. My lab trip was successful and although I don't know what my test results are yet I'm just glad I'm done with the lab for now. I hope I pass my glucose test so I don't have to go back and do this again.
I picked Gabriella up at school and everyone in her class had a huge bag full of Valentine's. Once we got home we opened them and I read the names on the cards so she knew who gave her what. She also had a special package from Grandma Oggie and Papa John which she immediately opened with the same enthusiasm she uses on Christmas presents. She's already read all of the new books she received and is wearing one of the new Valentine's day dresses as I type. We are both looking forward to the weekend, Greg and Gabriella both have Monday off so we will have 3 days to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment