Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Double Happiness

Check out our two newest family members. The one on the left is twin A and the one on the right is twin B. They are about 10 weeks old and until Friday I didn't know they existed. I've known for a few months that I was pregnant but twins were a bit of a surprise. Really more of a shock. I suppose it makes sense that I've been so tired and I've gone back to taking naps at odd times during the day. Friday was ultrasound day and Greg was able to meet me for the appointment. It started out pretty typical, the doctor was running behind and I got to spend a while in the waiting room watching all the other pregnant women waiting for their appointments. Some where close to popping while others seemed to be just starting out. Once we were finally called back I ended up seeing a different provider. The standard patient history was taken and the initial exam was started. Greg was working as the inpatient doctor so he was constantly being paged so he was in and out of the room throughout the exam. He was able to see the ultrasound. My first question when the internal ultrasound began was "there's just one right?" and the answer was "nope there are two". This was a shock because I have no history of twins in my family and I wasn't taking any fertility medication. These two little miracles are all natural. The exam finished up and we were sent home with a few pictures of the twins in utero. As I waited at the pharmacy for my extra vitamins I thought of how unexpected these little twins were. In the process of the next few days I think I've told almost everyone I know and the more people I tell the more real it becomes. As Greg and I lay in bed at night we toss back and forth ideas of things we'd need two of, an example double stroller, two cribs, etc. I think over the coming months many more needs will come to light and I hope we will be able to handle them all.

2 comments:

  1. awww....Congratulations to all 5 of you! That's very exciting. Double the trouble, double the fun - don't forget to add Wrigley Spearmint gum to your list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats again therese! greg and gabi too!

    ReplyDelete