Monday, August 17, 2009

Boot Camp Day 1

My arms are still shaking as I write this.  Today was my first day of boot camp.  The alarm went off at 4:07 and I only hit the snooze once.  I got out of bed and got dressed.  I was really nervous and barely managed to eat half of my oatmeal.  Rachel picked me up at 4:35 and we were on our way in the pitch black morning.  We arrived a few minutes early and I got to meet the other participants.  They all seemed really nice and all but one had done it before. I felt at a slight disadvantage as they would all know what to expect, even though Rachel told me all about it.  It turns out that it really didn't matter if I knew or not because I spent the entire time just trying to keep from throwing up my oatmeal.  
We did a lot of running in place and push-ups getting up and running some more then more push-ups, you get the point.  I've never worked so hard in my life. The next thing we did was meet our partners and give them nicknames. I love a good nickname and probably could have come up with something more unique but I just couldn't think through all the heavy breathing and sweating.  My new nickname is small steps. To me it sounds like a indian name.  We also had a few fitness tests, like how many push ups you could do in a minute, I did one.  And how many sit-ups I could do in a minutes, I did 50 and was honestly shocked.  
It was hard, the hardest I've ever worked out in my entire life, but the sense of accomplishment I felt when I was finished is indescribable.  I'm not looking forward to going tomorrow, but I feel confident that I will. 

2 comments:

  1. No kidding you worked hard! You should be so proud of yourself. I can tell you are going to do well and I am so glad we are doing it together!!

    ReplyDelete