Monday, August 24, 2009

Boot Camp Day 6: Kicking my Abs

This morning at boot camp was kind of split into 2 parts, motivational speech and ab searing pain. We learned about the perfect form to get the perfect abs.  It involved laying on a bench with your feet up in the air, keeping your legs straight, not using your hip flexors just your abs to lift your body up. It was hard, my ab muscle (I'm convinced right now I just have one that works) was burning. I tried really hard but it was a struggle just to keep my legs up.  We did two sets of these and in between we wrote in our journal all the motivational nuggets that John told us. My personal favorite that I'm considering having made into a magnet for my fridge was: Food Should Not Equal Guilt.  The other one that I thought was profound was the bad habits I've had for years and to break them will take time. You can't and won't change overnight.  I also have a new task, to learn to sit up just using my abs and not my arms. I tried it this morning after my morning siesta, I was unsuccessful, but I'll keep trying.  Progress not perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment