Friday, August 28, 2009

Boot Camp Day 10: Run 1 Me 3

Today was once again a running day. I'm torn between elation and disappointment.  I'm happy because I managed to finish 3 laps today, bringing my milage up to 4.5. I'm also happy because when I finished my second lap I was about 4 minutes under of my previous time.  However, as I was making a turn near the bathroom the run got me. I threw up my breakfast right into the grass on the side of the road.  I took a little detour into the bathroom and threw up again a few times, then washed my face. As I walked back out and continued to run I felt much better and was able to continue my 3rd lap. I had kind of told myself that I wouldn't throw up during this boot camp, and sadly I did.  Throwing up did help me to realize that nothing is glamorous about working out, not if you are really trying. I've been to the gym and seen people who run on the treadmill or stair stepper and look at themselves in the mirror and I suppose they are somewhat glamorous but they aren't trying their hardest.  When I go to the gym I can't look at anyone, usually because there is sweat dripping into my eyes and I'm watching the heart monitor on the treadmill wondering if my beats per minute is too high. But the other reason I'm not looking is because I'm there to work out, to try as hard as I can and believe me I do not look pretty doing it. 

1 comment:

  1. So true Therese! I felt so ugly, sweaty and exhausted...wasn't gonna throw up but was the hardest I had ever given today at a spin class. Just go to your happy place during these tough tough times. You're an inspiration indeed. Thanks for keeping up with your blog even when you aren't sure if you're arms are strong enough to lift to the table.

    ReplyDelete