Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boot Camp Day 9: You get what you give

Today was bring a friend day and my wonderful neighbor Nicole went with me to boot camp this morning.  We used resistance bands to work out our arms. My arms hurt now while I'm typing, but again the pain reminds me the program is working.  The class was left alone a lot today, I think it was a test of our commitment to the program.  He'd show us an exercise then walk out of the room and we would do the number of reps he gave us.  Of course without him wandering around the classroom I got a little lax, I put my arms down or started to move slower. The exercise program is only as strong as I am. He can teach me the skills but if I'm unwilling to try my hardest then I'm only going to get what I put into it. The last skill of the day was squats with the long resistance band, I tried hard on it. I pushed myself. But as I reflect I could have tried harder and next time I will. This program means a lot to me I want to be successful.  Today John said he sees great things for me.  I see them too, but they are going to require a lot of work. From here to my goal will be filled with painful muscles and small accomplishments.  So again I look at the pain in my arms as progress towards my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment