Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boot Camp Day 4

I've survived another day of boot camp. This morning I pushed the snooze one too many times and felt a little rushed getting ready. I still managed to choke down breakfast before my ride arrived.  After yesterday's running fiasco I was relieved that today I only had to stay in  one room. Although after today's work out I look forward to running again tomorrow, if only because there probably won't be sit ups involved.  Today we used a step to lay on while doing sit ups and push ups. It was hard, ridiculously painful, but I was once again surprised at the amount my body can do.  My sit ups weren't pretty or in good form, but I was able to sit all the way up and eventually stand and even do the jump at the end.  If anything I now know that your mind limits what your body can do, so once you stop saying I can't and just start doing, it somehow gets done.  By the way I was sweating so much at this class that I had a fairly large pool of sweat on the floor, I think at one point it was deep enough that I could float something on it.  I think I've lost weight just in the amount of sweat I'm seeping out of my pores everyday. 
Exercise isn't the only part of this boot camp, it's also about changing your eating habits. Fresh food is the key component. I've been eating fruits and vegetables as snacks and haven't even used my beloved butter all week. I feel good, I feel proud, I feel relieved that tomorrow is Friday and I'll have the weekend to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment