Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boot Camp Day 2

I'm writing this blog before I shower because I can't make it up the stairs.  We started the day by measuring our body fat.  Mine was high, but that's no surprise, you can't cook with as much butter as I do without absorbing some.  The first work out of the day was push ups, we did this for a while, I'm not sure how long because I was trying not to look at the clock.   After pushups we headed to the stairs.  The work out studio is on the second floor of the building with a staircase at a 45 degree angle. We walked up and down those stairs with 8 pound weights. I don't know how many times we walked up and down during the first set, but it felt like a million. Everyone else was able to go up the stairs two at a time, I did it twice and was told to go one step at a time.  I'm really earning my nickname, small steps.  We had to push the weights up over our heads with each step.  We did that for a while, then got water then did more push ups then back to the stairs.  It was hard. Bone crushing, muscle spasms, crying (only by me and not out loud) hard. But I did it and for today that's all that matters. I can't tell you how many times I walked down the stairs to the open door and thought about just walking back to the car, but I didn't.  There is a huge sense of accomplishment that I feel in the back of my mind, it's way in the back behind the muscle aches, shortness of breath, and pounding heart palpitations, but it's there.  Today was hard, but it's over. Tomorrow will no doubt be worse but it's not here yet. I guess I should haul myself up the stairs, I'm unsure if I will make it back down again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment