Monday, August 31, 2009

Boot Camp: Week 3 begins

It was hard to get up this morning, even though I went to bed early last night. Part of the reason was that Greg was on call and I had this disturbing feeling that I was going to have to get Gabi up at 4:30am to take her with me to boot camp. Fortunately I worried for nothing, because although Greg didn't get home until 4 am, he was able to stay until 6:30 when he got called back in.  When we arrived at boot camp we heard from the other class that John wasn't there yet.  It was an interesting dilemma do we start without him, if so what do we do, could we motivate ourselves. It turns out we did start without him, we did our push ups and sit ups, we set up a circuit and started working out. He arrived about 15 minutes into our class he was late because the power was out at his house. He seemed pleased that we'd showed initiative and started working on our own. He added a few more things to our circuit and we really started working. I felt like the workout today was a mix of everything, weights, push ups, jumping jacks, these truly painful leg things, and resistance band work. I walked out of there thinking I worked hard. I'm glad John showed up because I'm sure I wouldn't have worked that hard if he hadn't been there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment