Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Boot Camp Day 8: Running down a dream

Today was a running morning and I was barely able to eat any of my oatmeal. I think it was nerves, I was worrying about getting lost again or not being able to run at all because I was sore. As it turns out I didn't get lost and managed to do two and a half laps. I also found out that each lap is a mile and a half. So basically today I ran 4 miles.  I was shocked, until last Wednesday I'd never run at all, and today 4 miles. It's amazing what the body can do when the mind asks it to. I ran without crying today and I ran a little faster than last week. Today I was able to sense an improvement in myself, to physically feel and see the differences between last week and this week. 
I've been really reflective during the past week, boot camp almost requires it. I've changed my eating habits and now that I can look at my eating objectively. I can see that I ate a lot of food only a few times a day and what I did eat wasn't healthy. My butter hasn't been used since I started boot camp.  I'm learning to make delicious food without using it. I'm learning that I don't need a whole plate of food to get full. Last night I only had a piece of fish and I was satisfied. This morning for my second breakfast I had one egg, some smoked salmon and red onion.  Changing the way I cook has been easier than I thought, and the results of more energy and a better sense of well being makes worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment