Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Boot Camp Day 12: Hit the Beat it'll Make you Move

I'm sorry this post is late. Usually I write this in the morning as soon as I get home from boot camp because I can't make it up the stairs, although sometimes I post after my morning nap. But today I waited until after the afternoon cardio funk class.  This morning the class was painful, we did circuit training and we worked hard.  We also got a very cool journal lesson about food consumption. Example, you can probably fit 40 raisins in the palm of your hand however if you were to eat 40 grapes, you'd get tired of them before you finished it. The difference between them is that fresh grapes have water.  Basically the lesson is fresh is best, if you want to be your freshest you have to eat fresh.  The second lesson I learned is that every plant is a carbohydrate, so when you eat a salad, it's low calorie, but not carbohydrate free. 

This afternoon I made it to cardio funk, it's an hour long class of pure funky beats and tortuous step moves. The music reminds me of a rave except the class is missing oversized pants, handmade bead bracelets and mind altering substances.  Although by the end I feel as if I'm hallucinating, but it's probably due to the ridiculous amount of sweat leaking from every pore. Today I got home and every piece of clothing I took off was wet, including my socks.  

I think I know why exercise and diet work together, it's because when you exercise the last thing you want to do is eat.  I'm also probably too full of water, as part of the diet I'm suppose to drink a gallon of water a day, and I've been right at the mark. It's especially easy on Tuesdays when I probably loose a gallon of sweat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment