Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boot Camp Day 14: In the grunge with a lunge.

Ok so the title is lame, but my brain is sweaty and it's hard to think. It's also very hard to walk and I shutter to think what it will be like to climb the stairs. Today at boot camp we did lunges, I'm sure the title already gave that away. I've done lunges before at some point in my life, I can't recall exactly when but I know I have. My muscle memory must have kicked in because while they were hard I wasn't falling over... much. Adding to the lunge fun was a brief run outside, when I say brief I mean long enough to make you think you are going to die right there on the side of the road and just when you can't take it a second more he says go in and get water. He is a master of knowing how far to push and how much you can take. At one point I got to the stop light and I thought about not turning around and going back, just running back home. Then I realized that my keys were upstairs and he'd probably be able to catch me before I made it a block. Besides that would be quitting and I don't want to do that, maybe someday but not today.

Today at 11 there is a combat class at the gym. I'm thinking of going because it's only 30 minutes and I figure I can do anything for 30 minutes plus you get to hit things. I like hitting things, especially in a sanctioned environment. Although the down side is that someone will probably be hitting back. Tomorrow is the last day of week 3, I can't believe I've made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment