Thursday, September 17, 2009

Two Wrongs and a Right

This morning it was only 77 degrees when I left the house. It actually felt a little bit cool. I hope the coolness lasts until tomorrow morning when we have to run. Yesterday's run was really hard, my hip hurt and that made me go a lot slower than I normally do. I did however employ Greg's suggestion about focusing on moving my legs forward rather than up, which helped me feel like I was going faster.
Today boot camp was torture for both my arms and my legs. We started the morning with weights, laying on our backs we lifted the weights over our heads starting with a 10 count then working our way down. Then we moved on to push ups, doing 10 then counting down. Then we moved onto the stairs. Never has one flight of stairs been so tortuous. We went up and down the first time without weights, I was able to go one step at a time and was still winded by the second trip up. After the first set of stairs we got some water and then went back to the arm workout, then back to the stairs. This time we had weights and I had to make it up the stairs two at a time. I was so slow, struggling to lift my leg every single time. Then we repeated the whole work out again. My arms and legs are both sore, the only good thing to come out of this morning other than a release of endorphins was John taught me a stretch for my sore hip. He said to stretch it a lot and it would feel better, I hope I can stretch it enough to be able to run better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment